Partner Event Grant Program
Partner Event Grant Program
For a printable PDF of the below information, go here.
Statement of Purpose:
The Bismarck-Mandan Convention & Visitors Bureau (BMCVB) is offering grants to meetings and events held in Bismarck-Mandan. The purpose is to provide financial assistance to qualified groups or organizations that promote the community by hosting meetings and events that provide economic benefits to Bismarck-Mandan. These events must attract out-of-town attendees and provide overnight stays in our community. Funds may be used for marketing, hospitality or operations. Sporting clubs may include their entire season in one application.
How the BMCVB can help your event:
- Groups must apply; no individuals will be awarded grants
- Dollars awarded are based on room nights generated, with a minimum of $500 awarded:
- Event must be a minimum of two days and
- Generate a minimum of 200 total room nights
- Event Information:
- Name of event(s)
- Is the event state, regional or national?
- How long is the event; what are the dates?
- What is the projected attendance?
- How many room nights do you anticipate being utilized per night and in total?
- Which facilities do you plan to use for this?
- Are other partners or groups involved with hosting this event?
- Is this a feeder event? For example: ND Trapshooting Association must host a successful state tournament to qualify to host a national tournament.
- History of the event, if not new:
- Has the BMCVB provided any support in the past, and if so, what?
- How long has the event taken place?
- Where has the event been held? Both main location(s) and break-out events, if applicable.
- What are the past room night and attendance numbers?
- Anything else that you think is pertinent to this section.
- Organization must provide:
- A plan on how they will target and draw non-local attendees and/or visitors
- Zip/postal code report of attendees/participants from previous year(s) (does not apply to first-time events)
2023 Application Window:
- The BMCVB logo is available to be used as sponsor recognition in advertising and marketing materials.
- The BMCVB will list your event on the Calendar of Events section of their website if you would like, and if you fill out the information at: www.noboundariesnd.com/events/submit/
- If you provide specific information and imagery, the BMCVB may issue a Facebook post promoting your event.
Fill out the grant application here.
- Grant applications will be accepted September 15-November 15, 2022; grants will be awarded by January 15, 2023; all granted funds must be requested and used by June 30, 2023. If your event falls after June 30, please apply in the next grant cycle.
- The goal is to have two grant cycles per calendar year. Limited funds are available per grant cycle. An applicant may only be granted funding once per calendar year (January through December).
- ONLY COMPLETE, WRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FUNDING.
- The BMCVB reserves the right to approve or reject requests and/or ask for further clarification of the project by the requesting group.
- The BMCVB will review grant applications and contact entities within 30 days of the application window end-date, as to whether they are awarded a grant. If awarded, the entity will receive half of the amount granted when accepted, and half when completed.
- If at any time projects are not being performed within the scope of the approved application, or the project is cancelled, the subject grant will be nullified, and no remaining funds will be issued by the BMCVB.
- If the actual room nights are not at least 75% of proposed room nights, the organization’s eligibility for funding may be reduced by 20% and withheld from the final payment. It is up to the organization to show proof of room nights generated.
- Within 30 days of the event completion a final funding letter of request must be sent to the BMCVB. The applicant must include a summary of the event, along with photos and/or video footage that the BMCVB has rights of usage, to receive the second half of funding. The BMCVB reserves the right to ask for a financial statement of the event, upon its completion.
For questions or for more information:
Please send all finished grant requests to:
Sheri Grossman, CDME
Bismarck-Mandan Convention & Visitors Bureau
1600 Burnt Boat Drive, Bismarck, ND 58503
or email: sheri@BMCVB.com
If sending by email, put 2023 Grant Application in Subject line.