Job Announcement: Gaming Employee/Blackjack Dealer
Job Announcement: Gaming Employee/Blackjack Dealer
Posted: Aug 04 2023
Job Position: Gaming Employee/Blackjack Dealer
The Gaming Employee works in a fast paced, fun environment interacting with diverse groups of people. The employee is responsible for effectively operating all game types for the gaming customers in a manner that achieves the organization's commitment to excellent customer service, integrity and complies with all laws, regulations, procedures, and organizational policies; handling and ensuring the security of large amounts of money; managing and balancing cash drawers and registers; providing a safe and entertaining atmosphere for all customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct all game types in a manner reflecting excellent customer service. Current game types: Blackjack, Pull-tabs, Electronic Pull-tabs, Bingo.
- Maintain a fun entertaining atmosphere while adhering to all laws, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Complete any necessary paperwork in an accurate and neat manner, while adhering to all laws, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Maintain property and equipment to provide maximum customer appeal and satisfaction, profitability, operational efficiencies, and protection of organization assets.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws, regulations, policies, and internal control procedures.
- Provide customers with information about the rules of the games.
- Watch for, address, and report all security risks.
- Document all issues that present themselves during the working shift.
- Attendance is required for all scheduled days and meetings.
- Provide clear verbal and written communication.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervision - This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
- Confidentiality - This position requires high ethical standards, integrity, and discretion in dealing with customers, staff, and the financial information of the organization.
- Mental Application - The work performed in this position is primarily governed by established policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities - This position requires reporting to duty at the designated worksite and time. Organizational skills and a commitment to excellent customer service are essential.
- Contacts - Internal and Public - Internal contacts primarily include other organizational employees. External contacts include vendors, employees of the landlord, and the general public.
- Magnitude and Scope - This position reports to the Person in Charge (PIC) and Gaming Manager and keeps them informed of all essential information to ensure the safety and profitability.
Conditions of Employment
- Working Conditions - The position may be performed in environments with exposure to a high noise level and varying temperatures. Fast paced work requiring standing for long periods. The position is performed in nonsmoking facilities. This position is performed under surveillance. This position requires travel to organizations sites using employee's vehicle.
- Equipment Operations - Must be able to operate necessary basic office equipment such as a computer and a calculator.
- Background Check - Must meet requirements of North Dakota Attorney General.
- Education - High School graduate or equivalent experience (GED). Must have excellent math skills.
- Experience - On-site training provided. Ability to effectively and professionally deal blackjack preferred. Customer service experience is helpful. Knowledge of or ability to learn all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Demonstrate experience and ability to accurately handle cash.
- Abilities - Must be able to communicate clearly with customers and other staff members and read and write at a level appropriate to complete required paperwork and comprehend regulations. Demonstrate ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions. Must have ability to accurately calculate and handle large volumes of cash transactions. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. Hand and eye coordination.
Must be able to:
- Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Communicate clearly and listen attentively to customers, staff, vendors and other external sources
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, bend, balance, climb, crouch, kneel, sit, twist, and perform extensive or repetitive arm/wrist motions Requires eye/hand coordination, reaching, grasping, and finger dexterity to handle money and cards adeptly.
- Read and comprehend required information and accurately complete required paperwork.
- Must possess visual activity.
- May be required to perform diverse physical tasks lifting 5 to 10 lbs. on a regular basis to meet position requirements.
- Possible loud music and offensive language.
- $9.25 per hour, plus tips
- No experience necessary, training provided
- Flexible schedule with evening and weekend shifts available
- Advancement opportunities
Please send your resume or stop in and fill out an application:
Bismarck-Mandan Convention & Visitors Bureau
1600 Burnt Boat Drive
Bismarck, ND 58503